Mayorkun is one Nigerian music artiste whose style of music catches attention at every single released and song collaborations.
Born Adewale Mayowa Emmanuel, the 25 years old songwriter has in the space of 2-years written his name with a pen of gold in the hearts of lovers of good music in Nigeria and abroad.
We bring you SEVEN facts you most likely didn’t know about the artiste.
- Mayorkun was born on March 24, 1993 by veteran Nollywood actress Toyin Adewale and father, Sunday Adewale who is a movie director.
- He is the only son of his parent.
- Mayorkun went to Unilag where he studied Accounting.
- He quit his banking job to pursue a career in Music.
- He was signed to DMW in 2016.
- Mayorkun rose to the limelight in the same year that he was signed (2016) with the release of the song “Eleko” which hit over 1 Million views on YouTube 9 days after it was published and also topped the iTunes chart as number one.
- Mayorkun has released only one Album yet which is titled The Mayor of Lagos (TMOL).
- He has won 7 musical awards, namely:
- Rookie of the Year – The Headies Award/ 2016
- Most Promising Act – City People Entertainment Award/ 2016
- Nigerian Teen Choice Award – Choice New Song of the Year/ 2016
- Nigerian Entertainment Award – Best New Act/ 2017
- City People Entertainment Award – Best Music Cover / 2017
- City People Entertainment Award – Artiste of the Year / 2018
- The Headies – Next Rated / 2018
9. He is the next most selling/prolific artiste in DMW after Davido
10. Mayorkun’s net worth is estimated to be about $200, 000